I love Thanksgiving- it is my favorite holiday! The turkey is in the oven, and it smells so good. I am feeling kind of overwhelmed with gratitude at the moment, especially just taking this moment to stop and think about the past year:
* My children have grown in leaps and bounds. LuLu writing, spelling, reading, now in school, being a Daisy…and the Little Man singing full songs, doing simple addition, using the computer all by himself. The way they play together, yes there is fighting, but there’s also “Sista, you my hero” with her responding, “Oh brother, you’re MY hero!” And those moments make up for the wrestling on the floor ones ten-fold.
* My husband working so hard to provide for us, not just monetarily, but in so many ways…from helping with all the household stuff to surprising me with an iced coffee on a long day to being a kid at heart jumping and running in the leaves with Lu and the Man. We may sometimes be still on Mars and Venus, but we always kiss each other goodnight.
* My parents are so amazing. They would do anything for anyone, always willing to lend a hand, an ear, give encouragement, believe in us. Their unwavering faith is such a blessing, and I am so grateful. From driving down at a moment’s notice when something comes up to surprising me with a beautiful card, everything they do is from the heart.
* My mother-in-law is always thinking of us, too. She does so many little things, and we are lucky to have her kind, generous heart. She raised her kids on her own, worked very hard all of her life, and instilled that in my husband. I know he is the man he is because of his mother, and I am so thankful.
And so many people I feel blessed to learn from, to teach, to surround myself with:
* Rich and Danielle and my little niecy (!!) epitomize love
* Gail and Anthony and Chris- kindness personified
* Joe and Carol and Katie and Mikey- generous hearts
* Jess and Mike- supportive beyond words, an extension of my family
* Jaime- a forever friend, even though our lives are busy we always pick up right where we left off
* Marta- my west coast “soul sister”
* Ellen- a friend, a voice of reason, an all-around inspiration
* Terry- a true kindred spirit
* Nathalie- a dear friend, an incredible woman, beautiful inside & out
* Celeste- not only my literary agent, but a friend – I am oh so grateful for her belief in me
* All of my extended family and friends who love me, “flaws and all”
* My magnificent clients who inspire me daily
* The people at Dunkin Donuts who know my order before I even pull up
* My facebook family who have supported me in so many ways
* All of my Savor sisters who believe in me and stretch me to reach my potential
* My favorite blog readers who encourage me and share their stories with me
* Countless strangers who have brought a smile to my face
* God and His strength that keeps me anchored
I have had many blessings and opportunities…
Honestly, I feel every experience is a blessing. With support of family, friends, media, fellow bloggers, sponsors, networks…I am able to share my words, share my experiences, and learn from so many incredible people- there is so much to be thankful for!
And I feel so much gratitude when I look back…
You know, years ago we had to sell our home. It wasn’t easy- we actually moved 3 times over the course of 3 years. But I am so very grateful for that experience. It brought us to the amazing home we are in now which has been a place of solace- we have a porch to enjoy nature, sip coffee, connect with each other- I learn so many lessons sitting on my porch and watching nature; and a place of fun- an open space where we dance together, a big fenced in yard where we run, jump, play, climb trees (or at least try to climb it!!). Fun and play is essential- it rejuvenates our spirit. And, I realize homes come and go, but I am grateful for all of the experiences we have had in this home over the past 2 years.
I feel blessed by the beautiful imperfections that have happened in my life. They gave me strength and taught me so much more than any book alone can teach.
What are you thankful for this year? Please share with me!